AfricaRead Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://ar.local/ or the Reading App, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing the website and the app. The materials contained in the site and on the app are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or books) on AfricaRead’s mobile app for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to recompile or rewrite any material (books, journals, magazines, articles) published on AfricaRead’s website or app;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Africa Read at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on AfricaRead’s website and on the app are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. AfricaRead makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, AfricaRead does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or app or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- AfricaRead with all its technical intelligence has ensured that materials available on its site and app are protected to the extent that not even screenshot is allowed on the app thus helping make materials not transferrable. However, you and us know that activities done on the web are not 100% guaranteed as secured; therefore, you cannot hold AfricaRead responsible for any plagiarism or possible transfers. The best thing an author can do is to write to AfricaRead with the necessary document to show authenticity of your work.
- AfricaRead is not in the position of keeping the login details of its users. Therefore, it is the sole responsibility of the user to keep confidentiality of account details.
- You will not without express prior written permission; issue any press release or make any other public disclosure regarding this agreement or terms of service.
In no event shall AfricaRead or its authors be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to academic interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on AfricaRead’s website or app, even if AfricaRead or an AfricaRead authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on AfricaRead’s website and on the reading app could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. AfricaRead does not warrant that any of the materials on its website and app are accurate, complete or current. AfricaRead may make changes to the materials contained on its website and on app at any time without notice. However, AfricaRead does not make any commitment to update the materials.
- Links & ads
AfricaRead has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AfricaRead of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
By using our service, you agree that we can show you ads that we think will be relevant to you and your interest. Your personal data is used to determine this.
AfricaRead may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, and mobile apps, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ghana and the AU and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in your home country, State or location.
- Special Policy Regarding Children
AfricaRead does sell books for children, but it sells them to adults who can purchase with credit card or mobile money or other internationally accepted payment systems. If you are under 13, you may use AR’s services with the consent of parents or guardian. Parents and guardians may create profiles for their wards.
- Book Publishing and Deletion
Authors must ensure that their files are free from any malware, viruses, Trojan horse, spyware or any form of malicious or harmful code.
AfricaRead will not return to you any electronic files or physical content or media you deliver to us in connection with our services.
- Settling Disputes
Settlement of disputes will be done through arbitration only, thus disputes will not be settled in court. Again, AfricaRead will choose its arbitrator from Ghana. The mode of arbitration is through phone calls only. AfricaRead will not travel to settle any disputes.
Should the need arise for reimbursement, the amount will not exceed GHC 2000.00.
- By email: [email protected]