Software and Mind
LARGE FILE: 6.2mb. Ensure you have a good Internet connection!
Some of the consequences of the mechanistic software myth:
- The software elites have turned software into a weapon, a means to dominate and control society.
- We depend more and more on the type of software that demands only trivial skills, so we are prevented from using our minds and expanding our knowledge.
- The software elites are inducing dependence on inferior, standard systems, and are preventing independent, responsible programming.
- New software products are installed every year in millions of places without being used, presumably because they are not the “solutions” they were said to be.
- Software products and innovations are advertised by describing a few successes, which is logically equivalent to lying.
- Universities are teaching and promoting invalid, pseudoscientific software notions.
- Less than 1 percent of the programming activities in society represent useful work – work benefiting society in the way the work of doctors does.